Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcoming 2014 and a New You


I know I want to be a better person. I want to make changes where when others see me, they see more of Christ and less of me. I base mine on my faith---I base mine on "Lord, your the potter and I am the clay." He helps me in all I do. I see all sides, He teaches me love---He teaches and shows me--- A happier life----cannot be made with bitterness and negative towards ourselves or others if we have that bitterness, how can we be happy? God is not bitterness---HE IS LOVE!! LOVE! A big word! Serious meaning (for anther blog)

This year---I have no resolutions. I did great at the mid end of 2013 in providing myself with the choices and decisions I needed to make---and obeying the LORD and learning little changes as He shows me how to fall in line with His Word.

Ive learned that changing a lifestyle immediately isn't really practical---but that I can make little changes week by week that will be healthier and hopefully thereby easier to commit to. A healthier me--and no matter our size! We need to have longer healthier better lives. America has too many bad temptations! A healthier, happier and more fulfilled life.
Im not just talking about food--I am talking about a WAY of life. Food, commitment, positive attitudes-----they are choices and decisions we are given freely--and ones we make on our own.

I know I want to be a better person. I want to make changes where when others see me, they see more of Christ and less of me. I love having a positive attitude. I love that the Lord reminds me that I have the ability through Him to get through anything--and that tomorrow is always better and things do look up--and HE is here and He provides.

Every day is a time of newness. The old is past--yesterday is done. Dwelling on anything past yesterday--hinders today and tomorrow!

Once I made that decision, my feelings, emotions, mind, heart--everything fell into place with it. We just need to "DECIDE" and "DO IT." There is just no other way. I became happier---I became more fulfilled. My life became better---I have many goals and desires of changes------for the better----but they will NOT be what I, in the flesh want---they will be in line with the LORD and His molding of me. To make me what I ought to be.

Our flesh does not fall in line with the Word of God---we must be open to His will to make these positive changes. Example, someone makes us angry---our flesh retaliates, stays angry, refuses to look at all sides---so we become bitter--who is that hurting? US!!! not the other person! God teaches us how to forgive and shows us that we do not need to be bitter or carry a grudge---we simply make changes----and smile towards them. Why? BEcause what better weapon do you have!????? If we are truly living in His faith---and truly wanting to make changes like that in our lives--we MUST MUST allow HIM access. If we dont ----we are choosing our own path and not His. God is love. And He loves even our enemies.


We're human and human emotions are a part of life--but we alone choose how to deal with it, the following days to come. :) Once you remember that mind set---and take week by week of those little changes----it becomes easier and easier.

To speak words of kindness---to LIVE by those words, to speak words of encouragement and change and to LIVE by those words. Change won't happen over night, but little by little week by week, we can make improvements in ourselves to be better.

I have had an amazing end of 2013---after my 40th birthday--I made a decision--not to let these things affect me---bec if I do--I will be down and out. I dont like being down and out. I like being upbeat happy and positive. So one day to be down and out is enough for me. I wake up-I tell myself how today is goign to go. I say my prayers, I ask the Lord to be with me and guide me, and to help me stand by what I desire--which is to be made in His image. To allow HIM to make over my thoughts, my heart and my mind.

I made a few more errors after that--we are after all human right? But the big thing is---contentment. I feel fullfilled. Im happy, and I choose my path, I made A LOT Of changes in 2013. Part of that meant eliminting people in my life---letting go of old lifestyles---and letting go of regrets----AND understanding that sometimes we go through "phases" that last a little while but do not have to define us---goodness knows i had my share of that in 2011-2012----then 2013 was all about "washing" and learning obedience...... making the changes. Obeying God isn't easy---even when the changes are what we want----they can often be hard to do-----but wow!!! LOVE!!! and it has def made me healthier and happier!

Heres to you--and a new you. Who do you want to be? :) You decide how you will handle dramas and things that come your way---participate---or dont---simple as that. :) Have a great 2014 friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment